- 40 % of the German population replace main meals with snacks.
- Only 14 % of US consumers stick to three mealtimes per day.
- 50 % of snack consumers choose products with added health benefits.
- According to a global survey, 43 % of those questioned preferred snacks made from natural ingredients.
- Around a third of all those interviewed said it was important that their snacks contained as little sugar, salt, fat and calories as possible. They also wanted more fibre, protein and whole grain.
- The number of new snack products entering the market in the raw fruit and vegetable segment increased five-fold between 2012 and 2015.
- 69 % of German consumers look out for the organic label.
- Article "Healthy Snacking"
- Short article "Several meals per day prevent severe hunger pangs"