Click here a recipe for a traditional French pound cake made with apricot kernel flour.
4 eggs (weigh the 4 eggs, including shell) and use the same weight (e.g. 240 g) of butter, sugar and flour (½ apricot kernel flour and ½ wheat flour)
240 g sugar
240 g butter
120 g apricot kernel flour
120 g wheat flour
- Separate the eggs. Leave the egg whites to one side.
- Beat the 4 egg yolks with the sugar until frothy.
- Melt the butter and add to the egg-sugar mixture. Beat again until frothy.
- Gradually add the flour.
- Whisk the egg white until stiff and carefully fold into the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a greased tin and bake at 180 °C (fan oven) for 40 minutes.
- Once the cake has cooled, carefully remove from the baking tin and serve.